Winter is just around the corner and now is the time to consider your home comfort needs for the upcoming season. Although our Los Angeles area winters are generally more mild than other parts of California you can never go wrong when planning ahead. Understanding how to maintain your home’s temperature this winter will help save you money and make your home more energy efficient.
Maintaining an ideal winter temperature in your home isn’t hard if you follow these surefire tips:
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees. You should set your thermostat to 68 degrees for the perfect combination of home comfort and energy savings. For every degree you drop the thermostat you will save about 5 percent in heating costs.
- Program the thermostat. A programmable thermostat is an excellent tool for maintaining your home’s temperature. Set your thermostat to 55 degrees when your family is out for the day and while you are sleeping at night. Program the thermostat to adjust to your family’s individual home comfort needs.
- Clean and replace furnace filters. Cleaning and changing your home’s furnace filter boosts the HVAC system’s efficiency and can help maintain a home’s temperature. Properly cleaning and replacing the filters will also help reduce overall energy costs.
- Take care of any leaks. Take inventory of your home and check for any air leaks around windows or doors, near pipes and vents, and underneath the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Seal up any small gaps, cracks, or leaks and contact our professionals if you need help with larger gaps.
- Pay attention. Your home comfort needs may change throughout the winter season. Pay attention to your family’s schedule, the seasonal weather, and your heating and cooling needs to make adjustments as necessary.
To learn more ways to maintain an ideal winter temperature in your home contact our team at Around the Clock Air Conditioning and Heating. We have been proudly serving the Greater Los Angeles area since 1967 and are ready to help you maintain your home comfort needs.
Our goal is to help educate our customers in Los Angeles, North Hollywood and surrounding areas about energy and home comfort issues (specific to HVAC systems). For more information about maintaining ideal winter temperatures and other HVAC topics, downloadour free Home Comfort Resource guide.
Credit/Copyright Attribution: “Syda-Productions/Shutterstock”